Bookaroo

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

If you are a fan of the Harry Potter series, as I am, you will either have read the book already and be anxious to discuss it, or will not have, and will be plugging your ears and singing "La La La, I can't hear you" at the top of your voice. So, no spoilers.

I find this book to be a satisfactory conclusion to a delightful tale. Ms. Rowling has rounded out the story of Harry, Ron, Hermione, et al, thoroughly and with style. Some joy, some heartache, and no looming question marks to spark ire and outrage in the fan base. Although, considering the size and fervor of the fan base, I'm certain there are ephemeral questions that, like the Crumple-Horned Snorkack, will never quite go away despite their irrelevance.

In the next year or so, I will undoubtedly read the whole series again, so I can appreciate the foreshadowing. Meanwhile, enjoy, enjoy, and hope that Ms. Rowling will eventually feel a desire to pick up where she left off.

2 Comments:

Blogger AliceK[i]ND said...

As I neared the end of "Deathly Hallows" and everything was coming together, I found myself frequently slapping my leg and exclaiming out loud, "This Rowling woman is so clever!" I can't wait to start over at the beginning and enjoy the books again!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I loved them all, but the 7th was my favorite. She really wrapped things up so nicely!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home