Bookaroo

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Itty Bitty Kitchen Handbook

Everything you need to know about setting up and cooking in the most ridiculously small kitchen in the world--your own.

This is the subtitle of this organizing/cooking book by Justin Spring. I love this book, and I want this book, despite the fact that I have a ridiculously spacious kitchen, and I don' t really like to cook. Maybe it's because Gordon and Karren had a small kitchen in their first apartment--not ridiculously small, just small enough to discourage cooking. Maybe it's because I expect that someday we will empty-nest it down to a little tiny place with (perhaps) a ridiculously small kitchen. Or maybe I just like to explore an alternative path--what if?

Anyway, when Spring thinks ridiculously small, he's thinking all the way down to closet-sized or little-bitty-boat-galley size, so he's really looking into space saving. And the recipes look like good ones for the person who's cooking for him/herself most of the time, doesn't want to devote every waking moment to cookery, but doesn't want to eat out every meal either. And may occasionally entertain.

So if the idea intrigues you, it's worth it. It's all I hoped it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home