Bookaroo

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Beatrix Potter's Nursery Rhyme Book

I have found a new respect for Beatrix Potter, who seems to be currently in vogue, what with a movie, a mystery series featuring her as the sleuth, and a biography emerging in the last few years. Part of my appreciation is surely tied to my rediscovery of all things child-related (even a new blog addiction), but the greater part is learning that not only did Miss Potter write her own charming stories and illustrate them with meticulous precision and adorable whimsy, but she did formidable work as an amateur botanist/mycologist, developed tie-in merchandise for the children who clamored for her books, and successfully farmed in the Lake District.

This nursery rhyme book is an attractive pastiche of classic nursery rhymes, her adaptations of nursery rhymes, and her own original poems, accompanied with her characteristic art. For those among us (for I am surely of this number) who cannot resist a good nursery rhyme book, Beatrix Potter's Nursery Rhyme Book is well worth acquiring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You've been entered! Thanks for the link!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home