Bookaroo

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Making Peace with the Things in Your Life

Why your papers, books, clothes, and other possessions keep overwhelming you--and what to do about it. 

Cindy Glovinsky is a licensed psychotherapist and personan organizer, so her take on getting your things in order has a different take: first, get inside your head and see why you have this problem. The advantage with this approach is two-fold: (1) by accounting for the individual hard-wiring of our brains, we can find strategies to work around any specific brain glitches, and (2) we can recognize that clutter is not a sin, merely a problem to be solved. I was relieved to find that I am not as dysfunctional at decluttering as I thought.

I read most of this weeks ago, so not all my memories are crystal clear. But I kept this book around so I could execute some of the strategies in the back, which indicates that there is more to this book than just a high-level discussion--there are exercises and solutions. Worth rereading if circumstances warrant. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home