Bookaroo

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Pocket Stylist

A new twist on the how-to-look-good book. Author Kendall Farr is a stylist and former fashion editor, and her experience shows. Her mantras are: (1) wear what is flattering on your body, and (2) everything has to fit.

The book is progressive. First, figure out your body type (A, B, C, D, E, or F), then clean out your closet, shop for what you need, and take your finds to the tailor for alterations. Farr coaches you through this process, helping you figure out what works and what doesn't. She winds up with a chapter on underclothing, and a chapter on accessories.

I really liked this book. I think it would be useful to me as I navigate my changing size, and hence, wardrobe. I may even buy this book. If I do, borrow it from me. If I can let it out of my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home